- clear eyes, full hearts, bob costas May 7
Hope you like some Bob Costas with your Olympics commentary because you're going to be getting a lot more of him. In a $7.65 billion deal, the International Olympic Committee announced NBCUniversal will air both the Summer and Winter games for another 18 years.
The network's previous agreement was expected to end with the 2020 Summer Games in Tokyo, but this insures that Costas and company will keep covering the games until at least 2032. By the time the new deal concludes, NBC and its stable of networks will have aired a total of 23 Olympic Games and Costas will be 80 years old.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- 10 things you need to know today: November 23, 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Inside Turkey's shadow war with ISIS
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- 6 tiny scientific mistakes that created huge disasters
Subscribe to the Week