- clear eyes, full hearts, bob costas May 7
Hope you like some Bob Costas with your Olympics commentary because you're going to be getting a lot more of him. In a $7.65 billion deal, the International Olympic Committee announced NBCUniversal will air both the Summer and Winter games for another 18 years.
The network's previous agreement was expected to end with the 2020 Summer Games in Tokyo, but this insures that Costas and company will keep covering the games until at least 2032. By the time the new deal concludes, NBC and its stable of networks will have aired a total of 23 Olympic Games and Costas will be 80 years old.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Sex can't explain the culture war
- Boyhood's refreshingly unsentimental take on motherhood
- How a drafting error could doom Obama's carbon regulations
- How the battle for religious freedom became a nonsensical free-for-all
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- The 6 best low-cost smartphones
Subscribe to the Week