- clear eyes, full hearts, bob costas May 7
Hope you like some Bob Costas with your Olympics commentary because you're going to be getting a lot more of him. In a $7.65 billion deal, the International Olympic Committee announced NBCUniversal will air both the Summer and Winter games for another 18 years.
The network's previous agreement was expected to end with the 2020 Summer Games in Tokyo, but this insures that Costas and company will keep covering the games until at least 2032. By the time the new deal concludes, NBC and its stable of networks will have aired a total of 23 Olympic Games and Costas will be 80 years old.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 'Having it all' has officially jumped the shark
- 10 things you need to know today: October 23, 2014
- Did Republicans overshoot on the Ebola panic?
Subscribe to the Week