- clear eyes, full hearts, bob costas May 7
Hope you like some Bob Costas with your Olympics commentary because you're going to be getting a lot more of him. In a $7.65 billion deal, the International Olympic Committee announced NBCUniversal will air both the Summer and Winter games for another 18 years.
The network's previous agreement was expected to end with the 2020 Summer Games in Tokyo, but this insures that Costas and company will keep covering the games until at least 2032. By the time the new deal concludes, NBC and its stable of networks will have aired a total of 23 Olympic Games and Costas will be 80 years old.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- 10 things you need to know today: September 30, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- Are hedge funds doomed?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week