- clear eyes, full hearts, bob costas May 7
Hope you like some Bob Costas with your Olympics commentary because you're going to be getting a lot more of him. In a $7.65 billion deal, the International Olympic Committee announced NBCUniversal will air both the Summer and Winter games for another 18 years.
The network's previous agreement was expected to end with the 2020 Summer Games in Tokyo, but this insures that Costas and company will keep covering the games until at least 2032. By the time the new deal concludes, NBC and its stable of networks will have aired a total of 23 Olympic Games and Costas will be 80 years old.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Vox, derp, and the intellectual stagnation of the left
- Pope Francis' American problem
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 key insights about Obama from Chuck Todd's The Stranger
Subscribe to the Week