- Quotables May 7
Actress and outspoken humanitarian activist Angelina Jolie condemned the kidnapping of 200 schoolgirls by terrorists in Nigeria as "unthinkable cruelty and evil." In an interview with a French news channel, she said the crisis illustrates a "bigger problem" about the treatment of women by radical Islamic militants.
"If the world does nothing and they get away with this then we set this horrible precedent, so I think it's extremely important that something is done immediately to try to find these girls," said Jolie, who serves as a United Nations Special Envoy on refugee issues. "God forbid we don't, then we still have to bring these men to justice."
Britain's ITV News has more from the interview.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- Why Texas' abortion rates aren't falling as quickly as everyone expected
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- Are there too many good shows on television?
- 10 things you need to know today: July 29, 2014
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- Comic-Con 2014: Everything we learned about Avengers 2, Batman v. Superman, and more
- How to trim $500 from your monthly spending
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week