- Coming Soon May 7
Terry Crews — the onetime pro football player, current actor, and funniest cast member of Fox's Brooklyn Nine-Nine — can add one more job to his resume: host of the long-running ABC quiz show Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? The network has announced that Crews will replace Cedric the Entertainer, whose brief tenure began last year when he replaced longtime host Meredith Vieira.
Fortunately, the new gig won't affect Crews' shooting schedule for Brooklyn Nine-Nine, though the deal also includes the possibility of a talk show when the Fox sitcom ends — but in the meantime, more Terry Crews is always good news. Next up: starting a petition to get Crews to host an episode in-character as President Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho. --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- On ISIS, neocons and liberal hawks have a 'boy who cried wolf' problem
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
Subscribe to the Week