- Coming Soon May 7
Terry Crews — the onetime pro football player, current actor, and funniest cast member of Fox's Brooklyn Nine-Nine — can add one more job to his resume: host of the long-running ABC quiz show Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? The network has announced that Crews will replace Cedric the Entertainer, whose brief tenure began last year when he replaced longtime host Meredith Vieira.
Fortunately, the new gig won't affect Crews' shooting schedule for Brooklyn Nine-Nine, though the deal also includes the possibility of a talk show when the Fox sitcom ends — but in the meantime, more Terry Crews is always good news. Next up: starting a petition to get Crews to host an episode in-character as President Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho. --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- China's leader is telling the People's Liberation Army to prepare for war
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How I lost all my money
- How to save money: 12 great personal finance tips
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- The religious right isn't retreating — it's reforming
- The best books we read in 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week