- Coming Soon May 7
Terry Crews — the onetime pro football player, current actor, and funniest cast member of Fox's Brooklyn Nine-Nine — can add one more job to his resume: host of the long-running ABC quiz show Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? The network has announced that Crews will replace Cedric the Entertainer, whose brief tenure began last year when he replaced longtime host Meredith Vieira.
Fortunately, the new gig won't affect Crews' shooting schedule for Brooklyn Nine-Nine, though the deal also includes the possibility of a talk show when the Fox sitcom ends — but in the meantime, more Terry Crews is always good news. Next up: starting a petition to get Crews to host an episode in-character as President Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho. --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 10 things you need to know today: October 25, 2014
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Why the government should pay every American child an allowance
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week