- Coming Soon May 7
Terry Crews — the onetime pro football player, current actor, and funniest cast member of Fox's Brooklyn Nine-Nine — can add one more job to his resume: host of the long-running ABC quiz show Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? The network has announced that Crews will replace Cedric the Entertainer, whose brief tenure began last year when he replaced longtime host Meredith Vieira.
Fortunately, the new gig won't affect Crews' shooting schedule for Brooklyn Nine-Nine, though the deal also includes the possibility of a talk show when the Fox sitcom ends — but in the meantime, more Terry Crews is always good news. Next up: starting a petition to get Crews to host an episode in-character as President Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho. --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- America is doomed! (And other thoughts on our gloomy historical moment.)
- Your 2-year-old doesn't need to go to school
- If Scotland leaves the union, is Northern Ireland next?
Subscribe to the Week