- There Will be Clintons May 8
Six months before the 2014 midterm elections, Jon Stewart is already sick of all the speculation about who will win... the 2016 presidential race. "Why speculate about the near-future when you can speculate about the far future," he groused at the start of Wednesday night's Daily Show. But he took a good-naturedly grumpy look at the early favorites in the 2016 race — and wasn't too pleased with what he saw. Another Clinton versus another Bush? Yawn. Rick Perry? His new "glasses of ensmartenment" aren't quite working, Stewart said. The good news? Well, if there is any, it's that unlike in Westeros, there are only two dynasties vying for America's throne. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
Subscribe to the Week