- There Will be Clintons May 8
Six months before the 2014 midterm elections, Jon Stewart is already sick of all the speculation about who will win... the 2016 presidential race. "Why speculate about the near-future when you can speculate about the far future," he groused at the start of Wednesday night's Daily Show. But he took a good-naturedly grumpy look at the early favorites in the 2016 race — and wasn't too pleased with what he saw. Another Clinton versus another Bush? Yawn. Rick Perry? His new "glasses of ensmartenment" aren't quite working, Stewart said. The good news? Well, if there is any, it's that unlike in Westeros, there are only two dynasties vying for America's throne. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: October 24, 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- 10 self-sabotaging interview mistakes to avoid
- Why the government should pay every American child an allowance
Subscribe to the Week