- Kids these days May 8
Well, this is one way to avoid taking a final. Two students at the University of Georgia allegedly posted an ad on Craigslist looking for a "hit man" to run them over with a car. "We do not want to die, we just want to be injured enough to get out of taking our finals here at UGA," the message said, but with a slightly important clarification: "Please do not kill."
The compensation was described as "hitting two lovely ladies by vehicle w/permission." Flagpole, a local publication in Athens, Georgia, first spotted the ad, which has since been removed. The university hasn't yet returned Daily Mail's request for comment.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Are there too many good shows on television?
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- How to trim $500 from your monthly spending
- The forgotten victims of the war in Ukraine
- Comic-Con 2014: Everything we learned about Avengers 2, Batman v. Superman, and more
Subscribe to the Week