- Kids these days May 8
Well, this is one way to avoid taking a final. Two students at the University of Georgia allegedly posted an ad on Craigslist looking for a "hit man" to run them over with a car. "We do not want to die, we just want to be injured enough to get out of taking our finals here at UGA," the message said, but with a slightly important clarification: "Please do not kill."
The compensation was described as "hitting two lovely ladies by vehicle w/permission." Flagpole, a local publication in Athens, Georgia, first spotted the ad, which has since been removed. The university hasn't yet returned Daily Mail's request for comment.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Pope Francis' American problem
- Vox, derp, and the intellectual stagnation of the left
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week