- Kids these days May 8
Well, this is one way to avoid taking a final. Two students at the University of Georgia allegedly posted an ad on Craigslist looking for a "hit man" to run them over with a car. "We do not want to die, we just want to be injured enough to get out of taking our finals here at UGA," the message said, but with a slightly important clarification: "Please do not kill."
The compensation was described as "hitting two lovely ladies by vehicle w/permission." Flagpole, a local publication in Athens, Georgia, first spotted the ad, which has since been removed. The university hasn't yet returned Daily Mail's request for comment.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Ban PowerPoint!
- Rise of the machines
Subscribe to the Week