- Jarring behavior May 8
Is there any way to contain the imminent octo-pocalypse? Some desperate souls have proposed trapping the octopus shock troops in screw-top jars, since the creatures don't have opposable thumbs. This was always more psychological defense mechanism than realistic strategy, but it turns out it doesn't even work:
We had a good run, folks, but maybe it's best to sit back and wait for the sweet embrace of death. There is probably an octopus sitting in your jar of peanut butter at home right now. Waiting.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- Why America needs more billionaires
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- Why 2014 may be as good as it gets for the Republican Party
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week