- Jarring behavior May 8
Is there any way to contain the imminent octo-pocalypse? Some desperate souls have proposed trapping the octopus shock troops in screw-top jars, since the creatures don't have opposable thumbs. This was always more psychological defense mechanism than realistic strategy, but it turns out it doesn't even work:
We had a good run, folks, but maybe it's best to sit back and wait for the sweet embrace of death. There is probably an octopus sitting in your jar of peanut butter at home right now. Waiting.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- How to make classic pulled pork
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- Don't vote for Andrew Cuomo
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
Subscribe to the Week