- Jarring behavior May 8
Is there any way to contain the imminent octo-pocalypse? Some desperate souls have proposed trapping the octopus shock troops in screw-top jars, since the creatures don't have opposable thumbs. This was always more psychological defense mechanism than realistic strategy, but it turns out it doesn't even work:
We had a good run, folks, but maybe it's best to sit back and wait for the sweet embrace of death. There is probably an octopus sitting in your jar of peanut butter at home right now. Waiting.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- How to make corn dogs
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
Subscribe to the Week