- last night on late night May 8
Anna Wintour and Sarah Jessica Parker stopped by Late Night with Seth Meyers last night to play the role of Fashion Police for the Met Gala. Parker, co-chair for the annual glitzy fundraiser at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City, said male attendees were asked to wear "full evening dress and decorations." In the language of normal people, that means "white tie."
Wintour said the dandied-up terminology led to a lot of confusion for the male attendees. "I had no idea how much panic this would cause men, but the best email was from Tom Ford, who dressed many of the handsome men there Monday night," she said. "Not only did hundreds of men ask him what white tie meant, they were confused by decorations. There were a couple of people who asked if they were Christmas Tree decorations."
Wintour and Parker agreed that Benedict Cumberbatch was the best dressed. However, not even Meyers escaped Wintour's Eye of Sauron for a certain fashion faux pas. -- Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 10 things you need to know today: October 22, 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Secret Service stretched mission to protect employee, report finds
- How to make corn dogs
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week