- last night on late night May 8
Anna Wintour and Sarah Jessica Parker stopped by Late Night with Seth Meyers last night to play the role of Fashion Police for the Met Gala. Parker, co-chair for the annual glitzy fundraiser at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City, said male attendees were asked to wear "full evening dress and decorations." In the language of normal people, that means "white tie."
Wintour said the dandied-up terminology led to a lot of confusion for the male attendees. "I had no idea how much panic this would cause men, but the best email was from Tom Ford, who dressed many of the handsome men there Monday night," she said. "Not only did hundreds of men ask him what white tie meant, they were confused by decorations. There were a couple of people who asked if they were Christmas Tree decorations."
Wintour and Parker agreed that Benedict Cumberbatch was the best dressed. However, not even Meyers escaped Wintour's Eye of Sauron for a certain fashion faux pas. -- Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
Subscribe to the Week