- as if May 8
On Tuesday, Clueless fans received a special treat when Alicia Silverstone, Elisa Donovan, Stacey Dash, and Amy Heckerling came together for a screening of the '90s classic and a Q&A session at the L.A. Film Festival.
Parade reports that the cast and director Heckerling shared their thoughts on filming (Hecklering "had such a clear vision and was able to translate it to us perfectly," Dash said) and the iconic '90s fashions ("What can you say about plaid?" Heckerling asked. "It just is.") Silverstone told the audience that when it came time to prepare for the role of Cher Horowitz, she looked to actresses from the past for inspiration. "I thought I was channeling Marilyn Monroe and Lucille Ball, and obviously that wasn't the case," she said. "But I felt just like that!” Visit Parade for photos of the cast then and now, and marvel at the fact that 19 years have passed since Clueless hit theaters. Whatever! --Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Why China thinks it could defeat the U.S. in battle
- 10 things you need to know today: August 20, 2014
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- What you need to know before you support the police in Ferguson
- How the West produces jihadi tourists
- Welcome to the age of ambivalent feminism
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the 'death of the library' means for the future of books
- The big policy question libertarians can't answer
Subscribe to the Week