- as if May 8
On Tuesday, Clueless fans received a special treat when Alicia Silverstone, Elisa Donovan, Stacey Dash, and Amy Heckerling came together for a screening of the '90s classic and a Q&A session at the L.A. Film Festival.
Parade reports that the cast and director Heckerling shared their thoughts on filming (Hecklering "had such a clear vision and was able to translate it to us perfectly," Dash said) and the iconic '90s fashions ("What can you say about plaid?" Heckerling asked. "It just is.") Silverstone told the audience that when it came time to prepare for the role of Cher Horowitz, she looked to actresses from the past for inspiration. "I thought I was channeling Marilyn Monroe and Lucille Ball, and obviously that wasn't the case," she said. "But I felt just like that!” Visit Parade for photos of the cast then and now, and marvel at the fact that 19 years have passed since Clueless hit theaters. Whatever! --Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The best online movies to watch this weekend
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- The danger of the Democrats' lack of desperation
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- The secret to Gabrielle Hamilton's amazing grilled cheese sandwiches
Subscribe to the Week