- as if May 8
On Tuesday, Clueless fans received a special treat when Alicia Silverstone, Elisa Donovan, Stacey Dash, and Amy Heckerling came together for a screening of the '90s classic and a Q&A session at the L.A. Film Festival.
Parade reports that the cast and director Heckerling shared their thoughts on filming (Hecklering "had such a clear vision and was able to translate it to us perfectly," Dash said) and the iconic '90s fashions ("What can you say about plaid?" Heckerling asked. "It just is.") Silverstone told the audience that when it came time to prepare for the role of Cher Horowitz, she looked to actresses from the past for inspiration. "I thought I was channeling Marilyn Monroe and Lucille Ball, and obviously that wasn't the case," she said. "But I felt just like that!” Visit Parade for photos of the cast then and now, and marvel at the fact that 19 years have passed since Clueless hit theaters. Whatever! --Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- What would it take for humans to build a settlement on Mars?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: November 24, 2014
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Want to eliminate the scourge of frat culture? Lower the drinking age.
- House hunting: 7 stunning castles in Europe
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
Subscribe to the Week