- as if May 8
On Tuesday, Clueless fans received a special treat when Alicia Silverstone, Elisa Donovan, Stacey Dash, and Amy Heckerling came together for a screening of the '90s classic and a Q&A session at the L.A. Film Festival.
Parade reports that the cast and director Heckerling shared their thoughts on filming (Hecklering "had such a clear vision and was able to translate it to us perfectly," Dash said) and the iconic '90s fashions ("What can you say about plaid?" Heckerling asked. "It just is.") Silverstone told the audience that when it came time to prepare for the role of Cher Horowitz, she looked to actresses from the past for inspiration. "I thought I was channeling Marilyn Monroe and Lucille Ball, and obviously that wasn't the case," she said. "But I felt just like that!” Visit Parade for photos of the cast then and now, and marvel at the fact that 19 years have passed since Clueless hit theaters. Whatever! --Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
- 10 things you need to know today: December 21, 2014
- George W. Bush 'ran the country like a cable network,' and other political insights from Chris Rock
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- How Wall Street is chipping away at reform
Subscribe to the Week