- Late Night Antics May 9
Moms — they say the darnedest things. That's the premise, and the payoff, of Jimmy Fallon's annual Mother's Day celebration: #MomQuotes. The hashtag is there because he solicits Stuff Your Mother Said via Twitter, and it's up to his Tonight Show staff to pick some of the best quotes to read on air. One more late-night reminder that mothers are human, and worth celebrating partly because of that. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: October 23, 2014
Subscribe to the Week