- Late Night Antics May 9
Moms — they say the darnedest things. That's the premise, and the payoff, of Jimmy Fallon's annual Mother's Day celebration: #MomQuotes. The hashtag is there because he solicits Stuff Your Mother Said via Twitter, and it's up to his Tonight Show staff to pick some of the best quotes to read on air. One more late-night reminder that mothers are human, and worth celebrating partly because of that. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
Why is Obama still smoking?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- How Wendy Davis became the Todd Akin of the 2014 midterms
Subscribe to the Week