- Coming Soon May 9
ABC is doubling down on Marvel. Though freshman drama Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. hasn't quite lived up to sky-high expectations, the network has renewed it for a second season and picked up another drama set in the Marvel Universe: Agent Carter, starring Captain America's Hayley Atwell.
Agent Carter, which is set in 1946, follows the titular character immediately after the events of Captain America: The First Avenger. "Working for the covert SSR (Strategic Scientific Reserve), Peggy must balance doing administrative work and going on secret missions for Howard Stark, all while trying to navigate life as a single woman in America, in the wake of losing the love of her life — Steve Rogers," says ABC in a press release.
Neither show's premiere date has been announced, but Deadline speculates that ABC might use Agent Carter to "serve as a bridge between the fall and spring portions of S.H.I.E.L.D."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: October 25, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- Everything you need to know about the voter ID controversy
- How foreign aid screwed up Liberia's ability to fight Ebola
- Why the government should pay every American child an allowance
Subscribe to the Week