- Coming Soon May 9
ABC is doubling down on Marvel. Though freshman drama Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. hasn't quite lived up to sky-high expectations, the network has renewed it for a second season and picked up another drama set in the Marvel Universe: Agent Carter, starring Captain America's Hayley Atwell.
Agent Carter, which is set in 1946, follows the titular character immediately after the events of Captain America: The First Avenger. "Working for the covert SSR (Strategic Scientific Reserve), Peggy must balance doing administrative work and going on secret missions for Howard Stark, all while trying to navigate life as a single woman in America, in the wake of losing the love of her life — Steve Rogers," says ABC in a press release.
Neither show's premiere date has been announced, but Deadline speculates that ABC might use Agent Carter to "serve as a bridge between the fall and spring portions of S.H.I.E.L.D."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- On ISIS, neocons and liberal hawks have a 'boy who cried wolf' problem
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
Subscribe to the Week