- Coming Soon May 9
ABC is doubling down on Marvel. Though freshman drama Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. hasn't quite lived up to sky-high expectations, the network has renewed it for a second season and picked up another drama set in the Marvel Universe: Agent Carter, starring Captain America's Hayley Atwell.
Agent Carter, which is set in 1946, follows the titular character immediately after the events of Captain America: The First Avenger. "Working for the covert SSR (Strategic Scientific Reserve), Peggy must balance doing administrative work and going on secret missions for Howard Stark, all while trying to navigate life as a single woman in America, in the wake of losing the love of her life — Steve Rogers," says ABC in a press release.
Neither show's premiere date has been announced, but Deadline speculates that ABC might use Agent Carter to "serve as a bridge between the fall and spring portions of S.H.I.E.L.D."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- 5 tricks to making a mind-blowing burger
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
Subscribe to the Week