- Coming Soon May 9
ABC is doubling down on Marvel. Though freshman drama Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. hasn't quite lived up to sky-high expectations, the network has renewed it for a second season and picked up another drama set in the Marvel Universe: Agent Carter, starring Captain America's Hayley Atwell.
Agent Carter, which is set in 1946, follows the titular character immediately after the events of Captain America: The First Avenger. "Working for the covert SSR (Strategic Scientific Reserve), Peggy must balance doing administrative work and going on secret missions for Howard Stark, all while trying to navigate life as a single woman in America, in the wake of losing the love of her life — Steve Rogers," says ABC in a press release.
Neither show's premiere date has been announced, but Deadline speculates that ABC might use Agent Carter to "serve as a bridge between the fall and spring portions of S.H.I.E.L.D."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Pope Francis' American problem
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Vox, derp, and the intellectual stagnation of the left
Subscribe to the Week