- streaming saga May 9
That dreaded Netflix price increase is finally happening. New members will now have to pay a dollar more each month, making a monthly subscription $8.99. Existing subscribers don't need to worry yet, though, as their current rate will be locked in for another two years. Other regions, such as the United Kingdom and Europe, also experienced £1 and €1 hikes, respectively, too.
The increase comes after Nefflix CEO Reed Hastings warned subscribers last month that more expensive prices were imminent. This is first time Netflix has boosted its price since it introduced an all-streaming plan in 2011.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 6 tiny scientific mistakes that created huge disasters
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- What could happen if the Supreme Court rules against ObamaCare
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week