- our selfies, ourselves May 9
Good job, everyone! Your incessant love of taking selfies has convinced ABC to order a new comedy called Selfie.
The premise is about as 2014 as you can get: "After suffering a very public and humiliating breakup, [the show's main character] becomes the subject of a viral video and suddenly has more social media 'followers' than she ever imagined — but for all the wrong reasons. She enlists the help of a marketing expert at her company to help repair her tarnished image."
While the show's name is certainly cringe-worthy, it might not be a total disaster — it comes from Emily Kapnek, who created the charming show Suburgatory, and also stars Harold and Kumar actor John Cho.
Selfie premieres this fall, and we're already dreading ABC's inevitably hashtag-happy marketing blitz.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 9 Harvard dropouts who became fabulously successful
- Why baseball is America's most dangerous spectator sport
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- Why the West should accept ISIS as a sovereign nation
Subscribe to the Week