- our selfies, ourselves May 9
Good job, everyone! Your incessant love of taking selfies has convinced ABC to order a new comedy called Selfie.
The premise is about as 2014 as you can get: "After suffering a very public and humiliating breakup, [the show's main character] becomes the subject of a viral video and suddenly has more social media 'followers' than she ever imagined — but for all the wrong reasons. She enlists the help of a marketing expert at her company to help repair her tarnished image."
While the show's name is certainly cringe-worthy, it might not be a total disaster — it comes from Emily Kapnek, who created the charming show Suburgatory, and also stars Harold and Kumar actor John Cho.
Selfie premieres this fall, and we're already dreading ABC's inevitably hashtag-happy marketing blitz.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How Wall Street is chipping away at reform
- 10 things you need to know today: December 21, 2014
- How I lost all my money
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
Subscribe to the Week