- our selfies, ourselves May 9
Good job, everyone! Your incessant love of taking selfies has convinced ABC to order a new comedy called Selfie.
The premise is about as 2014 as you can get: "After suffering a very public and humiliating breakup, [the show's main character] becomes the subject of a viral video and suddenly has more social media 'followers' than she ever imagined — but for all the wrong reasons. She enlists the help of a marketing expert at her company to help repair her tarnished image."
While the show's name is certainly cringe-worthy, it might not be a total disaster — it comes from Emily Kapnek, who created the charming show Suburgatory, and also stars Harold and Kumar actor John Cho.
Selfie premieres this fall, and we're already dreading ABC's inevitably hashtag-happy marketing blitz.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- How a degree from Duke University dashed my dreams of buying a home
- Half the world's population lives in these 6 countries
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- This 1,600-year-old Viking war game is still awesome
- What Keeping Up with the Kardashians can teach America about interracial marriage
- The real-life events that inspired Game of Thrones' Red Wedding
- The single best way to help your kid succeed at school
Subscribe to the Week