- Coming Soon May 9
Time to break out a bottle of your nicest Chianti: NBC has renewed its highly acclaimed, low-rated drama Hannibal for a third season.
Hannibal offers a gorgeous, surprisingly gory origin story for Silence of the Lambs baddie Hannibal "The Cannibal" Lecter, depicting his strange relationship with FBI profiler Will Graham (Hugh Dancy) in the years before he's arrested for his crimes. If you haven't already succumbed to the irresistible charms of Mads Mikkelsen's Dr. Lecter, now is the perfect time to start watching — if only so you can be all smug when your friends jump on the Hannibal bandwagon in a couple years.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 'Having it all' has officially jumped the shark
- Did Republicans overshoot on the Ebola panic?
Subscribe to the Week