- This just in May 9
So much for the hashtag activism of #SixSeasonsAndAMovie. NBC confirmed today it has canceled cult-favorite comedy Community after five seasons. The series, which collected critical praise, never earned high ratings, and was rocked by a series of personnel changes — mainly, the firing and re-hiring of creator Dan Harmon.
TVLine, which first reported the news, said the show's April 17 airing was its series finale "unless, of course, Sony finds a new home for the Greendale gang."
At least Community got the last laugh during its finale, when it aired this hilarious anti-NBC promo poking fun at its string of bad programming. -- Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: November 24, 2014
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What would it take for humans to build a settlement on Mars?
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- Want to eliminate the scourge of frat culture? Lower the drinking age.
- House hunting: 7 stunning castles in Europe
- Yes, the Obama administration's green loans are unprofitable. They should be.
Subscribe to the Week