- This just in May 9
So much for the hashtag activism of #SixSeasonsAndAMovie. NBC confirmed today it has canceled cult-favorite comedy Community after five seasons. The series, which collected critical praise, never earned high ratings, and was rocked by a series of personnel changes — mainly, the firing and re-hiring of creator Dan Harmon.
TVLine, which first reported the news, said the show's April 17 airing was its series finale "unless, of course, Sony finds a new home for the Greendale gang."
At least Community got the last laugh during its finale, when it aired this hilarious anti-NBC promo poking fun at its string of bad programming. -- Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- 10 things you need to know today: July 31, 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Don't vote for Andrew Cuomo
Subscribe to the Week