- This just in May 9
So much for the hashtag activism of #SixSeasonsAndAMovie. NBC confirmed today it has canceled cult-favorite comedy Community after five seasons. The series, which collected critical praise, never earned high ratings, and was rocked by a series of personnel changes — mainly, the firing and re-hiring of creator Dan Harmon.
TVLine, which first reported the news, said the show's April 17 airing was its series finale "unless, of course, Sony finds a new home for the Greendale gang."
At least Community got the last laugh during its finale, when it aired this hilarious anti-NBC promo poking fun at its string of bad programming. -- Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- Why baseball is America's most dangerous spectator sport
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 9 Harvard dropouts who became fabulously successful
- How to make any veggie burger without a recipe
- 10 things you need to know today: August 31, 2014
Subscribe to the Week