- This just in May 9
So much for the hashtag activism of #SixSeasonsAndAMovie. NBC confirmed today it has canceled cult-favorite comedy Community after five seasons. The series, which collected critical praise, never earned high ratings, and was rocked by a series of personnel changes — mainly, the firing and re-hiring of creator Dan Harmon.
TVLine, which first reported the news, said the show's April 17 airing was its series finale "unless, of course, Sony finds a new home for the Greendale gang."
At least Community got the last laugh during its finale, when it aired this hilarious anti-NBC promo poking fun at its string of bad programming. -- Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
Subscribe to the Week