- This just in May 9
So much for the hashtag activism of #SixSeasonsAndAMovie. NBC confirmed today it has canceled cult-favorite comedy Community after five seasons. The series, which collected critical praise, never earned high ratings, and was rocked by a series of personnel changes — mainly, the firing and re-hiring of creator Dan Harmon.
TVLine, which first reported the news, said the show's April 17 airing was its series finale "unless, of course, Sony finds a new home for the Greendale gang."
At least Community got the last laugh during its finale, when it aired this hilarious anti-NBC promo poking fun at its string of bad programming. -- Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 7 of the scariest spiders in existence
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- Why isn't 'Arkansas' pronounced like 'Kansas'?
- Internet piracy isn't killing Hollywood
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- This 1,600-year-old Viking war game is still awesome
- It's time for the police to rethink 'shoot-to-kill'
- Congress' craven approach toward the war on ISIS
- Is the Christian music industry liberalizing on gay marriage?
Subscribe to the Week