- Mother's Day May 11
In advance of Mother's Day, Saturday Night Live had a couple of famous first moms on the show to talk about how they were spending the holiday. Yet the pairing of the show's fictional Hillary Clinton and Michelle Obama soon descended from smiles and platitudes into a diss-filled debate about who was a better mother and stateswoman.
"For years, I was flying all over the world dealing with some of the worst humanitarian crises," Clinton, played by Vanessa Bayer, said. "But I suppose it's also tough to make a chubby kid eat an apple." --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Vox, derp, and the intellectual stagnation of the left
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- Pope Francis' American problem
Subscribe to the Week