- Mother's Day May 11
In advance of Mother's Day, Saturday Night Live had a couple of famous first moms on the show to talk about how they were spending the holiday. Yet the pairing of the show's fictional Hillary Clinton and Michelle Obama soon descended from smiles and platitudes into a diss-filled debate about who was a better mother and stateswoman.
"For years, I was flying all over the world dealing with some of the worst humanitarian crises," Clinton, played by Vanessa Bayer, said. "But I suppose it's also tough to make a chubby kid eat an apple." --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 17 old proverbs we should use more often
- 13 vegetarian dishes for Thanksgiving
- Don't blame Chuck Hagel: Obama's foreign policy has been a disaster from end to end
- Chuck Hagel wasn't the problem. It's America's addiction to endless war.
Subscribe to the Week