- Mother's Day May 11
In advance of Mother's Day, Saturday Night Live had a couple of famous first moms on the show to talk about how they were spending the holiday. Yet the pairing of the show's fictional Hillary Clinton and Michelle Obama soon descended from smiles and platitudes into a diss-filled debate about who was a better mother and stateswoman.
"For years, I was flying all over the world dealing with some of the worst humanitarian crises," Clinton, played by Vanessa Bayer, said. "But I suppose it's also tough to make a chubby kid eat an apple." --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- 10 things you need to know today: July 26, 2014
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- Grammar quiz: Do you know the passive voice?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
Subscribe to the Week