- Mother's Day May 11
In advance of Mother's Day, Saturday Night Live had a couple of famous first moms on the show to talk about how they were spending the holiday. Yet the pairing of the show's fictional Hillary Clinton and Michelle Obama soon descended from smiles and platitudes into a diss-filled debate about who was a better mother and stateswoman.
"For years, I was flying all over the world dealing with some of the worst humanitarian crises," Clinton, played by Vanessa Bayer, said. "But I suppose it's also tough to make a chubby kid eat an apple." --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- California's epic drought
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
- How Scotland's independence movement lost the vote and still won everything
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
Subscribe to the Week