- Mother's Day May 11
In advance of Mother's Day, Saturday Night Live had a couple of famous first moms on the show to talk about how they were spending the holiday. Yet the pairing of the show's fictional Hillary Clinton and Michelle Obama soon descended from smiles and platitudes into a diss-filled debate about who was a better mother and stateswoman.
"For years, I was flying all over the world dealing with some of the worst humanitarian crises," Clinton, played by Vanessa Bayer, said. "But I suppose it's also tough to make a chubby kid eat an apple." --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Why you should absolutely watch this confounding, wonderful World Series
- Rise of the machines
- House hunting: 6 stunning historic conversions
Subscribe to the Week