- Numbers don't lie May 11
You should probably stop reading this and go hang out with your mother, or at least give her a call if you haven't already. That's because a quarter of Americans say a little quality time with mom is the best Mother's Day gift, according to a timely CBS poll.
Meanwhile, 22 percent say flowers are the best gift, while 10 percent offer some variation of love/hug/kiss/respect. Most of the other top responses are intangible, too — "good behavior" and "happiness" are in the mix — which makes sense. But I'm a bit surprised there aren't more creatively lavish responses in there as well. An oversized check for $1,000,000 would be a pretty awesome gift, as would a brand new car. You could even drive said new car to see your mom.
Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go wish a certain someone a happy Mother's Day.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- The best online movies to watch this weekend
- The secret to Gabrielle Hamilton's amazing grilled cheese sandwiches
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
Subscribe to the Week