- So long May 11
Parks and Recreation, the longest-running comedy on NBC, will soon be no more. The network announced Saturday that the show will indeed end for good after the conclusion of its upcoming seventh season.
There was much speculation last month that the show was nearing the end, especially considering that the most recent season leapt a few years into the future. Executive Producer Michael Schur only fanned those rumors when he remarked after the end of season six that "the finish line is in sight at this point."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- America is doomed! (And other thoughts on our gloomy historical moment.)
- Will the Higgs Boson destroy the universe in a cosmic death bubble?
- If Scotland leaves the union, is Northern Ireland next?
Subscribe to the Week