- So long May 11
Parks and Recreation, the longest-running comedy on NBC, will soon be no more. The network announced Saturday that the show will indeed end for good after the conclusion of its upcoming seventh season.
There was much speculation last month that the show was nearing the end, especially considering that the most recent season leapt a few years into the future. Executive Producer Michael Schur only fanned those rumors when he remarked after the end of season six that "the finish line is in sight at this point."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
Subscribe to the Week