- So long May 11
Parks and Recreation, the longest-running comedy on NBC, will soon be no more. The network announced Saturday that the show will indeed end for good after the conclusion of its upcoming seventh season.
There was much speculation last month that the show was nearing the end, especially considering that the most recent season leapt a few years into the future. Executive Producer Michael Schur only fanned those rumors when he remarked after the end of season six that "the finish line is in sight at this point."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- This week I learned the surprisingly dark origins of the Nobel Prize, and more
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- How did Rick Perry escape blame for the Texas Ebola outbreak?
Subscribe to the Week