- So long May 11
Parks and Recreation, the longest-running comedy on NBC, will soon be no more. The network announced Saturday that the show will indeed end for good after the conclusion of its upcoming seventh season.
There was much speculation last month that the show was nearing the end, especially considering that the most recent season leapt a few years into the future. Executive Producer Michael Schur only fanned those rumors when he remarked after the end of season six that "the finish line is in sight at this point."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- The secret advantages of great penmanship
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How to live a long life, according to science
- For Democrats, the right lesson from 2014 is to be more liberal
- How the brides of ISIS are attracting Western women
- 10 things you need to know today: October 30, 2014
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
Subscribe to the Week