- Watch this May 12
On Sunday night's Last Week Tonight, John Oliver continued his streak of discussing hard, important topics with an impressively fine-tuned mix of grin and grimace. This week the topic was climate change, and more specifically how the media covers the topic as more or less a one-on-one debate — Bill Nye the Science Guy is almost always half of the panel — despite the lack of debate among climate scientists. Oliver had Nye on to discuss man-caused global warming with a skeptic, but he made sure that this time the debate is statistically representative. Like most things on Last Week Tonight, it's funnier than it sounds — and there is some profanity. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Hey, scolds: Stop telling us to enjoy a healthy Thanksgiving
Subscribe to the Week