- Watch this May 12
On Sunday night's Last Week Tonight, John Oliver continued his streak of discussing hard, important topics with an impressively fine-tuned mix of grin and grimace. This week the topic was climate change, and more specifically how the media covers the topic as more or less a one-on-one debate — Bill Nye the Science Guy is almost always half of the panel — despite the lack of debate among climate scientists. Oliver had Nye on to discuss man-caused global warming with a skeptic, but he made sure that this time the debate is statistically representative. Like most things on Last Week Tonight, it's funnier than it sounds — and there is some profanity. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Are there too many good shows on television?
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- The big, gaping hole in the liberal policy arsenal
- Blame Obama and U.S. evangelicals for the persecution of Iraqi Christians
- How to trim $500 from your monthly spending
Subscribe to the Week