- Science! May 12
Martyn Poliakoff, chemistry professor at the University of Nottingham and owner of the best head of hair in science, has a video today exploring the properties of aluminum (or as chemists call it, "aluminium"). There are a lot of fascinating facts in here, but most interesting is a special periodic chart showing all the elements like usual, but with the size of each box adjusted to reflect their relative abundance. Apparently, there is more aluminum than iron on this planet!
Check it out. --Ryan Cooper
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Why China thinks it could defeat the U.S. in battle
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How Ferguson made conservatives lose faith in the police
- What you need to know before you support the police in Ferguson
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why I give money to homeless people
- How the West produces jihadi tourists
Subscribe to the Week