- Science! May 12
Martyn Poliakoff, chemistry professor at the University of Nottingham and owner of the best head of hair in science, has a video today exploring the properties of aluminum (or as chemists call it, "aluminium"). There are a lot of fascinating facts in here, but most interesting is a special periodic chart showing all the elements like usual, but with the size of each box adjusted to reflect their relative abundance. Apparently, there is more aluminum than iron on this planet!
Check it out. --Ryan Cooper
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- The real lesson of the looming Martha Coakley disaster
- How to live a long life, according to science
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
- How the brides of ISIS are attracting Western women
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- For Democrats, the right lesson from 2014 is to be more liberal
Subscribe to the Week