- Science! May 12
Martyn Poliakoff, chemistry professor at the University of Nottingham and owner of the best head of hair in science, has a video today exploring the properties of aluminum (or as chemists call it, "aluminium"). There are a lot of fascinating facts in here, but most interesting is a special periodic chart showing all the elements like usual, but with the size of each box adjusted to reflect their relative abundance. Apparently, there is more aluminum than iron on this planet!
Check it out. --Ryan Cooper
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- The keys to succeeding with a job recruiter
- The next pandemic
- The elusive 'It factor' in presidential politics
Subscribe to the Week