- Science! May 12
Martyn Poliakoff, chemistry professor at the University of Nottingham and owner of the best head of hair in science, has a video today exploring the properties of aluminum (or as chemists call it, "aluminium"). There are a lot of fascinating facts in here, but most interesting is a special periodic chart showing all the elements like usual, but with the size of each box adjusted to reflect their relative abundance. Apparently, there is more aluminum than iron on this planet!
Check it out. --Ryan Cooper
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- China's leader is telling the People's Liberation Army to prepare for war
- How I lost all my money
- How to save money: 12 great personal finance tips
- The best books we read in 2014
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- The religious right isn't retreating — it's reforming
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How to wrap a present with mathematical precision (and waste less paper)
Subscribe to the Week