- Science! May 12
Martyn Poliakoff, chemistry professor at the University of Nottingham and owner of the best head of hair in science, has a video today exploring the properties of aluminum (or as chemists call it, "aluminium"). There are a lot of fascinating facts in here, but most interesting is a special periodic chart showing all the elements like usual, but with the size of each box adjusted to reflect their relative abundance. Apparently, there is more aluminum than iron on this planet!
Check it out. --Ryan Cooper
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Fall film guide: All the movies you should see in October
- You're reheating pizza wrong
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
Subscribe to the Week