- exit this way May 12
It looks like Pippa Middleton needs to update her LinkedIn profile. The younger sister of the Duchess of Cambridge has been fired as a newspaper columnist with the Daily Telegraph after just six months. The 30-year-old wrote a lifestyle column called "Court and Social" in which she discussed things like Christmas decorations, spinning classes, and cooking pasta.
It never gained traction with readers, who blasted the column as "silly and boring."
A source told the Express that Middleton's terrible writing was the reason for her axing. "There were also a few issues with deciding what topics Pippa should and shouldn't write about," the source said. The Telegraph confirmed her firing rather eloquently: "The column was great. Pippa Middleton is a professional freelance writer and has gone on to do other things for other publications," a spokeswoman said.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why Texas' abortion rates aren't falling as quickly as everyone expected
- Yes, Republicans can impeach President Obama
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What religious traditionalists can teach us about sex
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- The 6 best low-cost smartphones
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
Subscribe to the Week