- exit this way May 12
It looks like Pippa Middleton needs to update her LinkedIn profile. The younger sister of the Duchess of Cambridge has been fired as a newspaper columnist with the Daily Telegraph after just six months. The 30-year-old wrote a lifestyle column called "Court and Social" in which she discussed things like Christmas decorations, spinning classes, and cooking pasta.
It never gained traction with readers, who blasted the column as "silly and boring."
A source told the Express that Middleton's terrible writing was the reason for her axing. "There were also a few issues with deciding what topics Pippa should and shouldn't write about," the source said. The Telegraph confirmed her firing rather eloquently: "The column was great. Pippa Middleton is a professional freelance writer and has gone on to do other things for other publications," a spokeswoman said.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 17 old proverbs we should use more often
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- Adam Sandler's 'Thanksgiving Song': Explaining the 22-year-old tune's pop-culture references
- Chuck Hagel was a huge mistake
Subscribe to the Week