- exit this way May 12
It looks like Pippa Middleton needs to update her LinkedIn profile. The younger sister of the Duchess of Cambridge has been fired as a newspaper columnist with the Daily Telegraph after just six months. The 30-year-old wrote a lifestyle column called "Court and Social" in which she discussed things like Christmas decorations, spinning classes, and cooking pasta.
It never gained traction with readers, who blasted the column as "silly and boring."
A source told the Express that Middleton's terrible writing was the reason for her axing. "There were also a few issues with deciding what topics Pippa should and shouldn't write about," the source said. The Telegraph confirmed her firing rather eloquently: "The column was great. Pippa Middleton is a professional freelance writer and has gone on to do other things for other publications," a spokeswoman said.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Bob Odenkirk's 6 favorite books
- The stories behind 22 classic album covers
Subscribe to the Week