- What? May 12
Speaker of the House John Boehner (R-Ohio) on Monday rebuffed questions that he would be ousted by his party's restive right wing, saying "I expect to be Speaker" come next year.
Yet when asked if he would serve the entirety of a two-year term if he wins re-election in November, Boehner sounded far less certain, offering instead an ominous prediction.
"I'm going to be 65 years old in November," he said. "I never thought I'd live to be 60, so I'm living on borrowed time."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- Game of Thrones is making a huge mistake by cutting Lady Stoneheart
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- How to make classic pulled pork
- What if The Purge was real?
Subscribe to the Week