- What? May 12
Speaker of the House John Boehner (R-Ohio) on Monday rebuffed questions that he would be ousted by his party's restive right wing, saying "I expect to be Speaker" come next year.
Yet when asked if he would serve the entirety of a two-year term if he wins re-election in November, Boehner sounded far less certain, offering instead an ominous prediction.
"I'm going to be 65 years old in November," he said. "I never thought I'd live to be 60, so I'm living on borrowed time."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Bob Odenkirk's 6 favorite books
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
Subscribe to the Week