- What? May 12
Speaker of the House John Boehner (R-Ohio) on Monday rebuffed questions that he would be ousted by his party's restive right wing, saying "I expect to be Speaker" come next year.
Yet when asked if he would serve the entirety of a two-year term if he wins re-election in November, Boehner sounded far less certain, offering instead an ominous prediction.
"I'm going to be 65 years old in November," he said. "I never thought I'd live to be 60, so I'm living on borrowed time."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- 10 things you need to know today: October 1, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why colleges' insistence on 'diversity' actually fails disadvantaged kids
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
- The dumb war in Syria will haunt Democrats' 2014 prospects
Subscribe to the Week