- What? May 12
Speaker of the House John Boehner (R-Ohio) on Monday rebuffed questions that he would be ousted by his party's restive right wing, saying "I expect to be Speaker" come next year.
Yet when asked if he would serve the entirety of a two-year term if he wins re-election in November, Boehner sounded far less certain, offering instead an ominous prediction.
"I'm going to be 65 years old in November," he said. "I never thought I'd live to be 60, so I'm living on borrowed time."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- These real-life Rosie the Riveters changed the face of labor
- The next pandemic
- 9 Harvard dropouts who became fabulously successful
Subscribe to the Week