- Mmm, bacon May 12
Michael Bacon may be Kevin Bacon's older brother, but he's still lived in the shadow of his sibling's fame. Oscar Meyer teamed up with the elder Bacon to create a riff on the pair's sibling rivalry — and, of course, their last name.
Michael stars in a new ad for Oscar Meyer's turkey bacon, with the ad stating that "both [of] these bacons are overshadowed by their famous siblings... but when you are born into a great bacon family, bacon greatness is born into you."
Though he's earned Emmys for his musical scores and composition for shows including The Kennedys and Healing and the Mind, Michael is still much less of a household name than Kevin. This fact, according to Oscar Meyer, makes him an "unsung bacon hero."
Check out the full ad below. --Meghan DeMaria
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Everything you need to know about the voter ID controversy
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
Subscribe to the Week