- Mmm, bacon May 12
Michael Bacon may be Kevin Bacon's older brother, but he's still lived in the shadow of his sibling's fame. Oscar Meyer teamed up with the elder Bacon to create a riff on the pair's sibling rivalry — and, of course, their last name.
Michael stars in a new ad for Oscar Meyer's turkey bacon, with the ad stating that "both [of] these bacons are overshadowed by their famous siblings... but when you are born into a great bacon family, bacon greatness is born into you."
Though he's earned Emmys for his musical scores and composition for shows including The Kennedys and Healing and the Mind, Michael is still much less of a household name than Kevin. This fact, according to Oscar Meyer, makes him an "unsung bacon hero."
Check out the full ad below. --Meghan DeMaria
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- China's leader is telling the People's Liberation Army to prepare for war
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How I lost all my money
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- The best books we read in 2014
- How to save money: 12 great personal finance tips
- The religious right isn't retreating — it's reforming
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to wrap a present with mathematical precision (and waste less paper)
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week