- Mmm, bacon May 12
Michael Bacon may be Kevin Bacon's older brother, but he's still lived in the shadow of his sibling's fame. Oscar Meyer teamed up with the elder Bacon to create a riff on the pair's sibling rivalry — and, of course, their last name.
Michael stars in a new ad for Oscar Meyer's turkey bacon, with the ad stating that "both [of] these bacons are overshadowed by their famous siblings... but when you are born into a great bacon family, bacon greatness is born into you."
Though he's earned Emmys for his musical scores and composition for shows including The Kennedys and Healing and the Mind, Michael is still much less of a household name than Kevin. This fact, according to Oscar Meyer, makes him an "unsung bacon hero."
Check out the full ad below. --Meghan DeMaria
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- When Khomeini said no to Iranian nukes
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week