- Crime and punishment May 12
You know your obsession with American history has gone too far when you find yourself stealing dinnerware from a late president's tomb.
The Washington Post reports that thieves broke into the James A. Garfield monument at Lake View Cemetery in Cleveland, Ohio. Katherine Goss, the cemetery's president and chief executive, says that 13 commemorative spoons, which have almost no monetary value, are missing. "We were like, 'Really? They took spoons?'" Goss told The Washington Post.
The burglars weren't quick to cover their tracks, leaving behind a T-shirt, cigarette butts, and an empty bottle of Fireball whiskey. This sounds like a game of True American gone horribly, horribly wrong.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Chuck Hagel was a huge mistake
- Want to eliminate the scourge of frat culture? Lower the drinking age.
- Yes, the Obama administration's green loans are unprofitable. They should be.
- What would it take for humans to build a settlement on Mars?
- 5 quick things you can do today to boost your creativity
- A brief history of the Guy Fawkes mask
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- House hunting: 7 stunning castles in Europe
Subscribe to the Week