- Watch this May 13
Michael Buble's Instagram followers have had an extra treat during his ongoing tour: The chance to vote on the song he uses as his backstage warm-up. Over the past few weeks, he's posted videos of himself performing everything from Kylie Minogue's "Can't Get You Out Of My Head" to Maroon 5's "Moves Like Jagger" — but given that this is a popularity contest, it was only a matter of time before he ended up performing "Let It Go," the defining anthem from Disney's Frozen.
Earlier today, Buble unveiled a video of himself singing "Let It Go" while backed by a full string orchestra:
Unfortunately, the video was posted to Buble's Instagram account, which means that we only get to see 15 seconds of his performance. It also cuts off just before Buble hits the soaring high note of the song's chorus. Still, it's a tease for what the popular crooner could do with a full cover of the Frozen anthem — so get on that, Disney.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The case for voting (even if America is a corrupt plutocracy rigged by the rich)
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
Subscribe to the Week