- Crime and punishment May 13
It seems as though New York City's Vision Zero campaign is working. New York police on Tuesday stopped actor Alec Baldwin for riding his bike the wrong way down a street, according to multiple reports. (Though it may sound trivial, the NYPD is notorious for handing out tickets for the most minor offenses.)
Since Baldwin reportedly did not have identification on him — and also, perhaps, because he lost his cool — police cuffed him and brought him into a station.
So congrats to anyone who had, "Being bad at biking" in his or her "What will Alec Baldwin's next legal brouhaha be?" office pool. Come collect your prize.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What is driving the increasingly weird behavior of the polar jet stream?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- Christians have no moral rationale for spanking their children
- Should you hope to die at 75? Absolutely not.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Why America should team up with Bashar al-Assad's regime
- 18 Rosh Hashanah recipes for a sweet new year
Subscribe to the Week