- Crime and punishment May 13
It seems as though New York City's Vision Zero campaign is working. New York police on Tuesday stopped actor Alec Baldwin for riding his bike the wrong way down a street, according to multiple reports. (Though it may sound trivial, the NYPD is notorious for handing out tickets for the most minor offenses.)
Since Baldwin reportedly did not have identification on him — and also, perhaps, because he lost his cool — police cuffed him and brought him into a station.
So congrats to anyone who had, "Being bad at biking" in his or her "What will Alec Baldwin's next legal brouhaha be?" office pool. Come collect your prize.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why insects are the future of food
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- 8 logo revisions that had people howling
- The super-rich are just as miserable as the rest of us
Subscribe to the Week