- Crime and punishment May 13
It seems as though New York City's Vision Zero campaign is working. New York police on Tuesday stopped actor Alec Baldwin for riding his bike the wrong way down a street, according to multiple reports. (Though it may sound trivial, the NYPD is notorious for handing out tickets for the most minor offenses.)
Since Baldwin reportedly did not have identification on him — and also, perhaps, because he lost his cool — police cuffed him and brought him into a station.
So congrats to anyone who had, "Being bad at biking" in his or her "What will Alec Baldwin's next legal brouhaha be?" office pool. Come collect your prize.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 9 Harvard dropouts who became fabulously successful
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- How China sparked an Asian frenzy for killer submarines
- The essential techniques that every home cook should know
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
Subscribe to the Week