- Crime and punishment May 13
It seems as though New York City's Vision Zero campaign is working. New York police on Tuesday stopped actor Alec Baldwin for riding his bike the wrong way down a street, according to multiple reports. (Though it may sound trivial, the NYPD is notorious for handing out tickets for the most minor offenses.)
Since Baldwin reportedly did not have identification on him — and also, perhaps, because he lost his cool — police cuffed him and brought him into a station.
So congrats to anyone who had, "Being bad at biking" in his or her "What will Alec Baldwin's next legal brouhaha be?" office pool. Come collect your prize.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Rise of the machines
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- It's time to kill school picture day
- 10 things you need to know today: October 19, 2014
- Pope Francis' Machiavellian strategy to liberalize the Catholic Church
Subscribe to the Week