- This is terrible May 13
Strong winds blew a bouncy house 50 feet into the sky in upstate New York yesterday, leaving two young boys seriously injured. Three kids — aged 5, 6, and 10 — were playing in the bouncy house when a gust of wind swept it off the ground.
WNYT-TV reports that the two boys plunged from the house when it was 15 feet in the air, with one landing on a parked car and the other on asphalt. The girl only suffered minor scrapes and bruises. Police have not released the kids' names or conditions, but said the boy who landed on the pavement was talking when ambulances arrived.
Police reportedly said the bouncy house was attached to the ground with spikes, but blew away anyway.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- The amazing resurrection of Mitt Romney
- The essential techniques that every home cook should know
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How America's broken immigration system is failing the military
- 4 strategies for organizing your money, based on your personality
Subscribe to the Week