- This is terrible May 13
Strong winds blew a bouncy house 50 feet into the sky in upstate New York yesterday, leaving two young boys seriously injured. Three kids — aged 5, 6, and 10 — were playing in the bouncy house when a gust of wind swept it off the ground.
WNYT-TV reports that the two boys plunged from the house when it was 15 feet in the air, with one landing on a parked car and the other on asphalt. The girl only suffered minor scrapes and bruises. Police have not released the kids' names or conditions, but said the boy who landed on the pavement was talking when ambulances arrived.
Police reportedly said the bouncy house was attached to the ground with spikes, but blew away anyway.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- A gay Mormon's complicated journey
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- How to flirt, according to science
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Incheon: the next white elephant city
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
Subscribe to the Week