- This is terrible May 13
Strong winds blew a bouncy house 50 feet into the sky in upstate New York yesterday, leaving two young boys seriously injured. Three kids — aged 5, 6, and 10 — were playing in the bouncy house when a gust of wind swept it off the ground.
WNYT-TV reports that the two boys plunged from the house when it was 15 feet in the air, with one landing on a parked car and the other on asphalt. The girl only suffered minor scrapes and bruises. Police have not released the kids' names or conditions, but said the boy who landed on the pavement was talking when ambulances arrived.
Police reportedly said the bouncy house was attached to the ground with spikes, but blew away anyway.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- How to live a long life, according to science
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week