- This is terrible May 13
Strong winds blew a bouncy house 50 feet into the sky in upstate New York yesterday, leaving two young boys seriously injured. Three kids — aged 5, 6, and 10 — were playing in the bouncy house when a gust of wind swept it off the ground.
WNYT-TV reports that the two boys plunged from the house when it was 15 feet in the air, with one landing on a parked car and the other on asphalt. The girl only suffered minor scrapes and bruises. Police have not released the kids' names or conditions, but said the boy who landed on the pavement was talking when ambulances arrived.
Police reportedly said the bouncy house was attached to the ground with spikes, but blew away anyway.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- The next pandemic
- The keys to succeeding with a job recruiter
- 9 Harvard dropouts who became fabulously successful
Subscribe to the Week