- This is terrible May 13
Strong winds blew a bouncy house 50 feet into the sky in upstate New York yesterday, leaving two young boys seriously injured. Three kids — aged 5, 6, and 10 — were playing in the bouncy house when a gust of wind swept it off the ground.
WNYT-TV reports that the two boys plunged from the house when it was 15 feet in the air, with one landing on a parked car and the other on asphalt. The girl only suffered minor scrapes and bruises. Police have not released the kids' names or conditions, but said the boy who landed on the pavement was talking when ambulances arrived.
Police reportedly said the bouncy house was attached to the ground with spikes, but blew away anyway.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Hey, scolds: Stop telling us to enjoy a healthy Thanksgiving
- 10 things you need to know today: November 26, 2014
Subscribe to the Week