- Backlash May 18
Karl Rove's suggestion that Hillary Clinton suffered brain damage is still not going over well, even on the right. A Fox News Sunday segment this weekend got testy when a couple of panelists criticized Rove's remarks directly to the political operative's face, all while Rove interjected clarifications and refused to back down from his original claim.
Contributor Juan Williams blasted Rove for making an unwarranted "personal attack," adding that "the GOP at this moment is apoplectic over Hillary Clinton."
Rove responded by reading the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's definition of concussion in an attempt to prove he was right that Clinton indeed suffered a "traumatic brain injury." That's about where Williams and fellow contributor Kristen Powers lost it. --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- Why America needs more billionaires
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week