- Backlash May 18
Karl Rove's suggestion that Hillary Clinton suffered brain damage is still not going over well, even on the right. A Fox News Sunday segment this weekend got testy when a couple of panelists criticized Rove's remarks directly to the political operative's face, all while Rove interjected clarifications and refused to back down from his original claim.
Contributor Juan Williams blasted Rove for making an unwarranted "personal attack," adding that "the GOP at this moment is apoplectic over Hillary Clinton."
Rove responded by reading the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's definition of concussion in an attempt to prove he was right that Clinton indeed suffered a "traumatic brain injury." That's about where Williams and fellow contributor Kristen Powers lost it. --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 9 Harvard dropouts who became fabulously successful
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- How China sparked an Asian frenzy for killer submarines
- What would a U.S.-China war look like?
Subscribe to the Week