- May the force be with you May 27
Last month, Disney finally confirmed that Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, and Carrie Fisher will reprise the roles of Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, and Princess Leia in the upcoming Star Wars: Episode VII. But in a recent interview with The Telegraph, Fisher revealed that her Episode VII offer came with a major caveat: losing 35 pounds before filming began.
"They always hire not entirely me; they always want me minus anywhere between 10 pounds and 30 pounds to 40 pounds," said Fisher. "In this case I've been very cooperative. If I could've been as cooperative as I am in this situation in relationships, I'd be happily married. But I complied."
Despite her new, Disney-mandated slimmer figure, Fisher told BBC Radio that there's no chance she'll wear the famed gold bikini from Return of the Jedi again — though it's possible she'll sport the similarly iconic bun hairstyle from the original Star Wars. "I'm fighting for the buns, but that's always what I'm doing," said Fisher. "I think they should make an appearance if I just walked by a rocket window and I was in buns."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- Why baseball is America's most dangerous spectator sport
- After Ferguson, we don't need another dialogue on race
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
Subscribe to the Week