- May the force be with you May 27
Last month, Disney finally confirmed that Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, and Carrie Fisher will reprise the roles of Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, and Princess Leia in the upcoming Star Wars: Episode VII. But in a recent interview with The Telegraph, Fisher revealed that her Episode VII offer came with a major caveat: losing 35 pounds before filming began.
"They always hire not entirely me; they always want me minus anywhere between 10 pounds and 30 pounds to 40 pounds," said Fisher. "In this case I've been very cooperative. If I could've been as cooperative as I am in this situation in relationships, I'd be happily married. But I complied."
Despite her new, Disney-mandated slimmer figure, Fisher told BBC Radio that there's no chance she'll wear the famed gold bikini from Return of the Jedi again — though it's possible she'll sport the similarly iconic bun hairstyle from the original Star Wars. "I'm fighting for the buns, but that's always what I'm doing," said Fisher. "I think they should make an appearance if I just walked by a rocket window and I was in buns."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- Everything you need to know about the voter ID controversy
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- How foreign aid screwed up Liberia's ability to fight Ebola
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
Subscribe to the Week