- May the force be with you May 27
Last month, Disney finally confirmed that Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, and Carrie Fisher will reprise the roles of Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, and Princess Leia in the upcoming Star Wars: Episode VII. But in a recent interview with The Telegraph, Fisher revealed that her Episode VII offer came with a major caveat: losing 35 pounds before filming began.
"They always hire not entirely me; they always want me minus anywhere between 10 pounds and 30 pounds to 40 pounds," said Fisher. "In this case I've been very cooperative. If I could've been as cooperative as I am in this situation in relationships, I'd be happily married. But I complied."
Despite her new, Disney-mandated slimmer figure, Fisher told BBC Radio that there's no chance she'll wear the famed gold bikini from Return of the Jedi again — though it's possible she'll sport the similarly iconic bun hairstyle from the original Star Wars. "I'm fighting for the buns, but that's always what I'm doing," said Fisher. "I think they should make an appearance if I just walked by a rocket window and I was in buns."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 7 of the scariest spiders in existence
- Why isn't 'Arkansas' pronounced like 'Kansas'?
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- Internet piracy isn't killing Hollywood
- This 1,600-year-old Viking war game is still awesome
- How Israel's hawks intimidated and silenced the last remnants of the anti-war left
- Is the Christian music industry liberalizing on gay marriage?
- It's time for the police to rethink 'shoot-to-kill'
Subscribe to the Week