- instagram that June 3
At times, not even Instagram's 18 filters can do your brunch photos justice. The Facebook-owned app is rolling out a major new update filled with a batch of new editing features that let users adjust their photo's contrast, brightness, and shadows.
Also included in Instagram 6.0, as the release is being called, is a new tool that adjusts the severity of the available filters. "For example, you could make the orange-y gleam of 'Toaster' less dramatic if you wanted," notes Business Insider. The update will be available to Apple and Android users for download sometime today.
Watch a demonstration of the new features below. --Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How Ronald Reagan turned America into a nation of children
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- This week I learned the moon might be littered with dinosaur fossils, and more
- The conservative battle against ObamaCare won't end with Halbig
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Girls on Film: Why audiences are responsible for the future of cinema
- 8 things the world's most extraordinary survivors can teach you about resilience
- Why scientists can't kill HIV
Subscribe to the Week