- instagram that June 3
At times, not even Instagram's 18 filters can do your brunch photos justice. The Facebook-owned app is rolling out a major new update filled with a batch of new editing features that let users adjust their photo's contrast, brightness, and shadows.
Also included in Instagram 6.0, as the release is being called, is a new tool that adjusts the severity of the available filters. "For example, you could make the orange-y gleam of 'Toaster' less dramatic if you wanted," notes Business Insider. The update will be available to Apple and Android users for download sometime today.
Watch a demonstration of the new features below. --Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- Mike Huckabee's head-scratching advice to Christian voters
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- How Scotland's independence movement lost the vote and still won everything
Subscribe to the Week