- instagram that June 3
At times, not even Instagram's 18 filters can do your brunch photos justice. The Facebook-owned app is rolling out a major new update filled with a batch of new editing features that let users adjust their photo's contrast, brightness, and shadows.
Also included in Instagram 6.0, as the release is being called, is a new tool that adjusts the severity of the available filters. "For example, you could make the orange-y gleam of 'Toaster' less dramatic if you wanted," notes Business Insider. The update will be available to Apple and Android users for download sometime today.
Watch a demonstration of the new features below. --Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- 10 things you need to know today: October 23, 2014
- When Khomeini said no to Iranian nukes
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
Subscribe to the Week