- instagram that June 3
At times, not even Instagram's 18 filters can do your brunch photos justice. The Facebook-owned app is rolling out a major new update filled with a batch of new editing features that let users adjust their photo's contrast, brightness, and shadows.
Also included in Instagram 6.0, as the release is being called, is a new tool that adjusts the severity of the available filters. "For example, you could make the orange-y gleam of 'Toaster' less dramatic if you wanted," notes Business Insider. The update will be available to Apple and Android users for download sometime today.
Watch a demonstration of the new features below. --Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- How Israel's hawks intimidated and silenced the last remnants of the anti-war left
- Welcome to the age of ambivalent feminism
- Why China thinks it could defeat the U.S. in battle
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- 10 things you need to know today: August 20, 2014
- Why your employer should clean your house and do your laundry
- The real lesson of Rick Perry's mug shot
- What you need to know before you support the police in Ferguson
- What the 'death of the library' means for the future of books
Subscribe to the Week