- instagram that June 3
At times, not even Instagram's 18 filters can do your brunch photos justice. The Facebook-owned app is rolling out a major new update filled with a batch of new editing features that let users adjust their photo's contrast, brightness, and shadows.
Also included in Instagram 6.0, as the release is being called, is a new tool that adjusts the severity of the available filters. "For example, you could make the orange-y gleam of 'Toaster' less dramatic if you wanted," notes Business Insider. The update will be available to Apple and Android users for download sometime today.
Watch a demonstration of the new features below. --Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: November 24, 2014
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What would it take for humans to build a settlement on Mars?
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- Want to eliminate the scourge of frat culture? Lower the drinking age.
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
Subscribe to the Week