- This just in June 3
Hall of Fame quarterback Dan Marino on Monday became the most prominent former football player to sue the NFL for allegedly mishandling concussions. On Tuesday, he became the most prominent former player to back out of such a suit.
Marino never intended to sue the league, but was rather only trying to ensure he'd be covered in the event of a favorable settlement, according to the South Florida Sun Sentinel. Marino did not want to "initiate litigation in this case," a source told the paper, adding that the passer's lawyers were working to have his name nixed from it.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- 8 ways a simple notebook can change your life
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
Subscribe to the Week