- This just in June 3
Hall of Fame quarterback Dan Marino on Monday became the most prominent former football player to sue the NFL for allegedly mishandling concussions. On Tuesday, he became the most prominent former player to back out of such a suit.
Marino never intended to sue the league, but was rather only trying to ensure he'd be covered in the event of a favorable settlement, according to the South Florida Sun Sentinel. Marino did not want to "initiate litigation in this case," a source told the paper, adding that the passer's lawyers were working to have his name nixed from it.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why Texas' abortion rates aren't falling as quickly as everyone expected
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- The 6 best low-cost smartphones
- What religious traditionalists can teach us about sex
Subscribe to the Week