- This just in June 3
Hall of Fame quarterback Dan Marino on Monday became the most prominent former football player to sue the NFL for allegedly mishandling concussions. On Tuesday, he became the most prominent former player to back out of such a suit.
Marino never intended to sue the league, but was rather only trying to ensure he'd be covered in the event of a favorable settlement, according to the South Florida Sun Sentinel. Marino did not want to "initiate litigation in this case," a source told the paper, adding that the passer's lawyers were working to have his name nixed from it.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- A scientific fact-check of 2001: A Space Odyssey
- Why Peter Capaldi has a bigger challenge than any Doctor Who in history
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- The secret to Gabrielle Hamilton's amazing grilled cheese sandwiches
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
Subscribe to the Week