- This just in June 3
Hall of Fame quarterback Dan Marino on Monday became the most prominent former football player to sue the NFL for allegedly mishandling concussions. On Tuesday, he became the most prominent former player to back out of such a suit.
Marino never intended to sue the league, but was rather only trying to ensure he'd be covered in the event of a favorable settlement, according to the South Florida Sun Sentinel. Marino did not want to "initiate litigation in this case," a source told the paper, adding that the passer's lawyers were working to have his name nixed from it.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- Do you need to be crazy to be the best?
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week