- important things June 3
Since Jimmy Fallon's puppies are grown and Paul the Octopus is dead, what adorable and/or exotic animal will help to predict the results of the 2014 World Cup? We may now have our newest animal soothsayer.
A giant panda conservation center in China's Sichuan province has reportedly "invited" a panda cub to predict the results of the 2014 World Cup. If all goes as planned, the panda will guess the winning soccer team by either picking food with the country's team on it or by climbing one of two trees, both of which bear flags for opposing teams.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What is driving the increasingly weird behavior of the polar jet stream?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- Christians have no moral rationale for spanking their children
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Should you hope to die at 75? Absolutely not.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 4 simple steaks you can cook in a pan
- 10 things you need to know today: September 23, 2014
Subscribe to the Week