It's official now: We've hit the season where all we want to do is cook and eat (and swim and cannonball) outside. And — nothing against burgers and steaks — but with the whole hot yawn of summer stretched out ahead, we could use a few more genius ways to work our grills. Here are 20.
Because, on your grill, you can cook entire dinners, and anything from whole beasts (within reason) to quick skewered bits. Your grill will make stars of the parts of vegetables you'd normally throw out. And don't forget, the charcoal sort will give you not just smoke and a hot grate, but coals to cook in down below.
More from Food52...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The amazing resurrection of Mitt Romney
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The essential techniques that every home cook should know
- 4 strategies for organizing your money, based on your personality
- Even critics of the euro didn't see this coming
- The week's best editorial cartoons
Subscribe to the Week