It's official now: We've hit the season where all we want to do is cook and eat (and swim and cannonball) outside. And — nothing against burgers and steaks — but with the whole hot yawn of summer stretched out ahead, we could use a few more genius ways to work our grills. Here are 20.
Because, on your grill, you can cook entire dinners, and anything from whole beasts (within reason) to quick skewered bits. Your grill will make stars of the parts of vegetables you'd normally throw out. And don't forget, the charcoal sort will give you not just smoke and a hot grate, but coals to cook in down below.
More from Food52...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Mike Huckabee's head-scratching advice to Christian voters
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- How Scotland's independence movement lost the vote and still won everything
- Adrian Peterson and our misguided debate about spanking
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week