It's official now: We've hit the season where all we want to do is cook and eat (and swim and cannonball) outside. And — nothing against burgers and steaks — but with the whole hot yawn of summer stretched out ahead, we could use a few more genius ways to work our grills. Here are 20.
Because, on your grill, you can cook entire dinners, and anything from whole beasts (within reason) to quick skewered bits. Your grill will make stars of the parts of vegetables you'd normally throw out. And don't forget, the charcoal sort will give you not just smoke and a hot grate, but coals to cook in down below.
More from Food52...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Yes, Republicans can impeach President Obama
- Why Texas' abortion rates aren't falling as quickly as everyone expected
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- What religious traditionalists can teach us about sex
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- The science behind Captain America's shield, The Hulk's anger, and more
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week