It's official now: We've hit the season where all we want to do is cook and eat (and swim and cannonball) outside. And — nothing against burgers and steaks — but with the whole hot yawn of summer stretched out ahead, we could use a few more genius ways to work our grills. Here are 20.
Because, on your grill, you can cook entire dinners, and anything from whole beasts (within reason) to quick skewered bits. Your grill will make stars of the parts of vegetables you'd normally throw out. And don't forget, the charcoal sort will give you not just smoke and a hot grate, but coals to cook in down below.
More from Food52...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- The week's best photojournalism
- The lessons of Japan's latest recession
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- 10 things you need to know today: November 28, 2014
Subscribe to the Week