It's official now: We've hit the season where all we want to do is cook and eat (and swim and cannonball) outside. And — nothing against burgers and steaks — but with the whole hot yawn of summer stretched out ahead, we could use a few more genius ways to work our grills. Here are 20.
Because, on your grill, you can cook entire dinners, and anything from whole beasts (within reason) to quick skewered bits. Your grill will make stars of the parts of vegetables you'd normally throw out. And don't forget, the charcoal sort will give you not just smoke and a hot grate, but coals to cook in down below.
More from Food52...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Fall film guide: All the movies you should see in October
- Interview: Key & Peele explain how they created 'Substitute Teacher'
Subscribe to the Week