Audiophile: Listen SmarterThis week I learned the incredible backstory to Motown records, and more
I traveled to Detroit, Michigan, and toured the famed Hitsville, USA. Here are my favorite stories about the Motown record label.
Read more about the facts mentioned:
A brief history of Motown (Time)
"Fingertips" shoots up the charts (The Pop History Dig)
Learn about the Motown Museum (Motown Museum)
Listen to the top 30 Motown hits:
Listen to more of The Week's mini podcasts:
- Maine is a waspy, cliche-ridden magnet for tourists — and it's also heaven
- Men are the worst. Here's how they can be better.
- Why you should watch every single match of the 2014 World Cup
Lauren Hansen is the multimedia editor at TheWeek.com. A graduate of Kenyon College and Northwestern University, she started her career in arts publishing and has since worked at media outlets including the BBC and Frontline.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 400,000 Americans marched for climate justice. Now what?
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Save the world... by changing how you pee
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Why does Fareed Zakaria still have a job?
- 4 simple steaks you can cook in a pan
- 7 common estate-planning mistakes
Subscribe to the Week