Audiophile: Listen SmarterThis week I learned the incredible backstory to Motown records, and more
I traveled to Detroit, Michigan, and toured the famed Hitsville, USA. Here are my favorite stories about the Motown record label.
Read more about the facts mentioned:
A brief history of Motown (Time)
"Fingertips" shoots up the charts (The Pop History Dig)
Learn about the Motown Museum (Motown Museum)
Listen to the top 30 Motown hits:
Listen to more of The Week's mini podcasts:
- Maine is a waspy, cliche-ridden magnet for tourists — and it's also heaven
- Men are the worst. Here's how they can be better.
- Why you should watch every single match of the 2014 World Cup
Lauren Hansen is the multimedia editor at TheWeek.com. A graduate of Kenyon College and Northwestern University, she started her career in arts publishing and has since worked at media outlets including the BBC and Frontline.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The week's best photojournalism
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- 10 things you need to know today: November 28, 2014
Subscribe to the Week