Audiophile: Listen SmarterThis week I learned the incredible backstory to Motown records, and more
I traveled to Detroit, Michigan, and toured the famed Hitsville, USA. Here are my favorite stories about the Motown record label.
Read more about the facts mentioned:
A brief history of Motown (Time)
"Fingertips" shoots up the charts (The Pop History Dig)
Learn about the Motown Museum (Motown Museum)
Listen to the top 30 Motown hits:
Listen to more of The Week's mini podcasts:
- Maine is a waspy, cliche-ridden magnet for tourists — and it's also heaven
- Men are the worst. Here's how they can be better.
- Why you should watch every single match of the 2014 World Cup
Lauren Hansen is the multimedia editor at TheWeek.com. A graduate of Kenyon College and Northwestern University, she started her career in arts publishing and has since worked at media outlets including the BBC and Frontline.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 7 of the scariest spiders in existence
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- Don't listen to Paul Ryan: The GOP is still the party of makers and takers
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- Internet piracy isn't killing Hollywood
- Why isn't 'Arkansas' pronounced like 'Kansas'?
- The single best way to help your kid succeed at school
Subscribe to the Week