If you've ever been strawberry-picking, you know how amazing strawberry fields smell. On a hot, early summer day, you could get drunk off the sweet scent. Sometimes you can mimic the experience by sticking your face into a carton of strawberries, but it's not really recommended.
Strawberries are perfect as is, and their sour punch works equally well as part of a savory dish (tip: throw them in an arugula salad to add a perfect balance to the spicy greens). However, since strawberries are such amazing dessert subjects, you might want to just hold onto them to make a sweet treat. Check out the recipes below for some inspiration.
More from Food52...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- How foreign aid screwed up Liberia's ability to fight Ebola
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- 10 things you need to know today: October 25, 2014
Subscribe to the Week