If you've ever been strawberry-picking, you know how amazing strawberry fields smell. On a hot, early summer day, you could get drunk off the sweet scent. Sometimes you can mimic the experience by sticking your face into a carton of strawberries, but it's not really recommended.
Strawberries are perfect as is, and their sour punch works equally well as part of a savory dish (tip: throw them in an arugula salad to add a perfect balance to the spicy greens). However, since strawberries are such amazing dessert subjects, you might want to just hold onto them to make a sweet treat. Check out the recipes below for some inspiration.
More from Food52...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How a drafting error could doom Obama's carbon regulations
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week