If you've ever been strawberry-picking, you know how amazing strawberry fields smell. On a hot, early summer day, you could get drunk off the sweet scent. Sometimes you can mimic the experience by sticking your face into a carton of strawberries, but it's not really recommended.
Strawberries are perfect as is, and their sour punch works equally well as part of a savory dish (tip: throw them in an arugula salad to add a perfect balance to the spicy greens). However, since strawberries are such amazing dessert subjects, you might want to just hold onto them to make a sweet treat. Check out the recipes below for some inspiration.
More from Food52...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Why Peter Capaldi has a bigger challenge than any Doctor Who in history
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- A scientific fact-check of 2001: A Space Odyssey
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
Subscribe to the Week