If you've ever been strawberry-picking, you know how amazing strawberry fields smell. On a hot, early summer day, you could get drunk off the sweet scent. Sometimes you can mimic the experience by sticking your face into a carton of strawberries, but it's not really recommended.
Strawberries are perfect as is, and their sour punch works equally well as part of a savory dish (tip: throw them in an arugula salad to add a perfect balance to the spicy greens). However, since strawberries are such amazing dessert subjects, you might want to just hold onto them to make a sweet treat. Check out the recipes below for some inspiration.
More from Food52...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- 10 things you need to know today: December 18, 2014
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- The liberation of Barack Obama
- The Hobbit: A disappointing set of movies, but a worthy set of prequels
Subscribe to the Week