If you've ever been strawberry-picking, you know how amazing strawberry fields smell. On a hot, early summer day, you could get drunk off the sweet scent. Sometimes you can mimic the experience by sticking your face into a carton of strawberries, but it's not really recommended.
Strawberries are perfect as is, and their sour punch works equally well as part of a savory dish (tip: throw them in an arugula salad to add a perfect balance to the spicy greens). However, since strawberries are such amazing dessert subjects, you might want to just hold onto them to make a sweet treat. Check out the recipes below for some inspiration.
More from Food52...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Why America won't have enough money to battle ISIS
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week