- shake, rattle, and roll June 16
This morning, Oklahoma City meteorologist Danielle Dozier experienced a 4.3-magnitude earthquake while she was in the middle of her weather forecast on live TV.
"Whoa! Oh my gosh!" she declared, before covering her mouth. "I'm so sorry. This is live on air."
"Forgive me," she said a moment later. "It actually scared me — that's how powerful it was."
Dozier wasn't alone. Over at another outlet, meteorologist Lacey Swope was even more dramatic. The Washington Post has video of her startling reaction.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- 6 tiny scientific mistakes that created huge disasters
- Inside Turkey's shadow war with ISIS
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
Subscribe to the Week