- shake, rattle, and roll June 16
This morning, Oklahoma City meteorologist Danielle Dozier experienced a 4.3-magnitude earthquake while she was in the middle of her weather forecast on live TV.
"Whoa! Oh my gosh!" she declared, before covering her mouth. "I'm so sorry. This is live on air."
"Forgive me," she said a moment later. "It actually scared me — that's how powerful it was."
Dozier wasn't alone. Over at another outlet, meteorologist Lacey Swope was even more dramatic. The Washington Post has video of her startling reaction.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Sex can't explain the culture war
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- How the battle for religious freedom became a nonsensical free-for-all
- This simple hack for slicing cherry tomatoes will astound you
- The 6 best low-cost smartphones
Subscribe to the Week