Some days are meant for lingering in the kitchen — for tempering chocolate on a marble slab and listening to the warm crackle of bacon in the skillet.
Other days, we go rogue. We break our rules with abandon and make the most of what's in our kitchens, right now. There will be no double boilers or heat diffusers to stand in our way — and if you forgot to bring your butter to room temperature, don't worry about it. Because tonight, we're doing it all MacGyver-style — that is, if MacGyver hacked sous vide machines instead of diffusing bombs with a toothpick. You already have everything you need — so let's get cooking.
Finish it off with a fresh juice — no juicer needed.
Then, keep it all warm with an improvised heat diffuser.
Do you have a sheet pan? A piece of aluminum foil? You can make a tart pan of any size.
Finally, grab a spoon and crack open a beer — you deserve it.
More from Food52...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- America is doomed! (And other thoughts on our gloomy historical moment.)
- 11 weeknight dinners you can make without a recipe
- Your 2-year-old doesn't need to go to school
Subscribe to the Week