Some days are meant for lingering in the kitchen — for tempering chocolate on a marble slab and listening to the warm crackle of bacon in the skillet.
Other days, we go rogue. We break our rules with abandon and make the most of what's in our kitchens, right now. There will be no double boilers or heat diffusers to stand in our way — and if you forgot to bring your butter to room temperature, don't worry about it. Because tonight, we're doing it all MacGyver-style — that is, if MacGyver hacked sous vide machines instead of diffusing bombs with a toothpick. You already have everything you need — so let's get cooking.
Finish it off with a fresh juice — no juicer needed.
Then, keep it all warm with an improvised heat diffuser.
Do you have a sheet pan? A piece of aluminum foil? You can make a tart pan of any size.
Finally, grab a spoon and crack open a beer — you deserve it.
More from Food52...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- 6 tiny scientific mistakes that created huge disasters
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- The myth of the stay-at-home dad
- What could happen if the Supreme Court rules against ObamaCare
- Uber, and the growing threat of corporate surveillance
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
Subscribe to the Week