Some days are meant for lingering in the kitchen — for tempering chocolate on a marble slab and listening to the warm crackle of bacon in the skillet.
Other days, we go rogue. We break our rules with abandon and make the most of what's in our kitchens, right now. There will be no double boilers or heat diffusers to stand in our way — and if you forgot to bring your butter to room temperature, don't worry about it. Because tonight, we're doing it all MacGyver-style — that is, if MacGyver hacked sous vide machines instead of diffusing bombs with a toothpick. You already have everything you need — so let's get cooking.
Finish it off with a fresh juice — no juicer needed.
Then, keep it all warm with an improvised heat diffuser.
Do you have a sheet pan? A piece of aluminum foil? You can make a tart pan of any size.
Finally, grab a spoon and crack open a beer — you deserve it.
More from Food52...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The amazing resurrection of Mitt Romney
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The essential techniques that every home cook should know
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- 4 strategies for organizing your money, based on your personality
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
Subscribe to the Week