Some days are meant for lingering in the kitchen — for tempering chocolate on a marble slab and listening to the warm crackle of bacon in the skillet.
Other days, we go rogue. We break our rules with abandon and make the most of what's in our kitchens, right now. There will be no double boilers or heat diffusers to stand in our way — and if you forgot to bring your butter to room temperature, don't worry about it. Because tonight, we're doing it all MacGyver-style — that is, if MacGyver hacked sous vide machines instead of diffusing bombs with a toothpick. You already have everything you need — so let's get cooking.
Finish it off with a fresh juice — no juicer needed.
Then, keep it all warm with an improvised heat diffuser.
Do you have a sheet pan? A piece of aluminum foil? You can make a tart pan of any size.
Finally, grab a spoon and crack open a beer — you deserve it.
More from Food52...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
- What if The Purge was real?
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
Subscribe to the Week