The most patriotic holiday is right around the corner, and we've got you covered no matter how you choose to celebrate. Although typical Fourth of July fare is far from fancy — as it should be — we have a few ideas up our sleeve for making the best versions possible. Munch away on American favorites from the mid-afternoon parade through evening fireworks.
10 all-American recipes for July 4th
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
Subscribe to the Week