The most patriotic holiday is right around the corner, and we've got you covered no matter how you choose to celebrate. Although typical Fourth of July fare is far from fancy — as it should be — we have a few ideas up our sleeve for making the best versions possible. Munch away on American favorites from the mid-afternoon parade through evening fireworks.
10 all-American recipes for July 4th
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- How to make classic pulled pork
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- Game of Thrones is making a huge mistake by cutting Lady Stoneheart
Subscribe to the Week