The most patriotic holiday is right around the corner, and we've got you covered no matter how you choose to celebrate. Although typical Fourth of July fare is far from fancy — as it should be — we have a few ideas up our sleeve for making the best versions possible. Munch away on American favorites from the mid-afternoon parade through evening fireworks.
10 all-American recipes for July 4th
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- On ISIS, neocons and liberal hawks have a 'boy who cried wolf' problem
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
Subscribe to the Week