The most patriotic holiday is right around the corner, and we've got you covered no matter how you choose to celebrate. Although typical Fourth of July fare is far from fancy — as it should be — we have a few ideas up our sleeve for making the best versions possible. Munch away on American favorites from the mid-afternoon parade through evening fireworks.
10 all-American recipes for July 4th
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why America won't have enough money to battle ISIS
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
Subscribe to the Week