The most patriotic holiday is right around the corner, and we've got you covered no matter how you choose to celebrate. Although typical Fourth of July fare is far from fancy — as it should be — we have a few ideas up our sleeve for making the best versions possible. Munch away on American favorites from the mid-afternoon parade through evening fireworks.
10 all-American recipes for July 4th
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- 10 things you need to know today: November 23, 2014
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- Inside Turkey's shadow war with ISIS
- How to rescue the American family and fix the broken school system in one fell swoop
Subscribe to the Week