Read more about the facts mentioned:
Why everyone looks hotter in sunglasses (New York Magazine)
The first in-flight movie (Paleofuture)
If poachers and illegal loggers strike, this forest phones it in (Scientific American)
30 facts about The Lion King (Mental Floss)
Listen to more of The Week's mini podcasts:
- The cult of natural childbirth has gone too far
- The 5 linguistic styles of exciting goal calls
- This week I learned you're cutting the cake the wrong way, and more
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Mike Huckabee's head-scratching advice to Christian voters
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How Scotland's independence movement lost the vote and still won everything
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
Subscribe to the Week