Read more about the facts mentioned:
Why everyone looks hotter in sunglasses (New York Magazine)
The first in-flight movie (Paleofuture)
If poachers and illegal loggers strike, this forest phones it in (Scientific American)
30 facts about The Lion King (Mental Floss)
Listen to more of The Week's mini podcasts:
- The cult of natural childbirth has gone too far
- The 5 linguistic styles of exciting goal calls
- This week I learned you're cutting the cake the wrong way, and more
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- 17 old proverbs we should use more often
- Don't blame Chuck Hagel: Obama's foreign policy has been a disaster from end to end
- Adam Sandler's 'Thanksgiving Song': Explaining the 22-year-old tune's pop-culture references
Subscribe to the Week