It must be true ... I read it in the tabloids
Adulterers in France can now enlist professional help in deceiving their spouses. A new agency, Alibila, provides clients with convincing cover stories for their trysts—calling their homes with fake emergencies, for example, or sending invitations to imaginary out-of-town events. For an extra fee, the company will also arrange for hotel rooms and romantic gifts for the mistress. The company says its services will actually help maintain marriages, because men “need a little freedom.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Pope Francis' American problem
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- How to develop a photographic memory in 4 easy steps
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week