It must be true ... I read it in the tabloids
Adulterers in France can now enlist professional help in deceiving their spouses. A new agency, Alibila, provides clients with convincing cover stories for their trysts—calling their homes with fake emergencies, for example, or sending invitations to imaginary out-of-town events. For an extra fee, the company will also arrange for hotel rooms and romantic gifts for the mistress. The company says its services will actually help maintain marriages, because men “need a little freedom.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- California's epic drought
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
- How Scotland's independence movement lost the vote and still won everything
Subscribe to the Week