If you were stuck in a vast desert, what drink would you dream about?
Though this will (hopefully) never happen, sometimes your work commute can feel like a hot and endless journey, especially if public transportation is involved. Instead of focusing on the heat, imagine yourself making the perfect cool drink when you get home, and the trains will start to move faster. Then make said drink to reward yourself at the end of the day. We’ve rounded up 14 refreshing drinks — alcoholic and non-alcoholic alike — to help you create your own oasis amid the high temperatures.
More from Food52...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- How Rand Paul's GOP opponents will use his minority outreach against him
Subscribe to the Week