If you were stuck in a vast desert, what drink would you dream about?
Though this will (hopefully) never happen, sometimes your work commute can feel like a hot and endless journey, especially if public transportation is involved. Instead of focusing on the heat, imagine yourself making the perfect cool drink when you get home, and the trains will start to move faster. Then make said drink to reward yourself at the end of the day. We’ve rounded up 14 refreshing drinks — alcoholic and non-alcoholic alike — to help you create your own oasis amid the high temperatures.
More from Food52...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- 8 ways you're probably overspending without even realizing it
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Why the West should accept ISIS as a sovereign nation
- Even critics of the euro didn't see this coming
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- 6 constitutional amendments that just missed the cut
- The essential techniques that every home cook should know
Subscribe to the Week