If you were stuck in a vast desert, what drink would you dream about?
Though this will (hopefully) never happen, sometimes your work commute can feel like a hot and endless journey, especially if public transportation is involved. Instead of focusing on the heat, imagine yourself making the perfect cool drink when you get home, and the trains will start to move faster. Then make said drink to reward yourself at the end of the day. We’ve rounded up 14 refreshing drinks — alcoholic and non-alcoholic alike — to help you create your own oasis amid the high temperatures.
More from Food52...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Pope Francis' American problem
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- 10 things you need to know today: December 20, 2014
- Vox, derp, and the intellectual stagnation of the left
Subscribe to the Week