If you were stuck in a vast desert, what drink would you dream about?
Though this will (hopefully) never happen, sometimes your work commute can feel like a hot and endless journey, especially if public transportation is involved. Instead of focusing on the heat, imagine yourself making the perfect cool drink when you get home, and the trains will start to move faster. Then make said drink to reward yourself at the end of the day. We’ve rounded up 14 refreshing drinks — alcoholic and non-alcoholic alike — to help you create your own oasis amid the high temperatures.
More from Food52...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why does Fareed Zakaria still have a job?
- 7 tips for keeping your man (from the 1950s)
- 10 ways to gain real superpowers that will change your life
- 4 simple steaks you can cook in a pan
- How the elderly are treated around the world
Subscribe to the Week