Last week's question: A Brooklyn startup called Modern Meadow has secured a $10 million investment to help it "grow" meat in the laboratory, using animal muscle cells obtained through painless biopsies. What appetizing brand name would you give a lab-grown burger?
THE WINNER: PETA Patty
Caroline Mancl, Stoughton, Wis.
SECOND PLACE: Pharm to Table
Lydia Sannella, Mill Valley, Calif.
THIRD PLACE: I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butchered
Caroline Kerner, Philadelphia
Janine Witte, New Hope, Pa.
Chronic Vegetative Steak
Ben Saketkhou, Boca Raton, Fla.
A Chip Off The Old Livestock
J. Craig Hill, Johns Creek, Ga.
No Moos is Good Moos
Ken Kellam III, Dallas
John Kalata Sr., Erie, Pa.
Jonathan Sternberg, Burlington, Vt.
Eileen Ert, Jenkintown, Pa.
The No Murder Burger
Patricia Walters, Tampa, Fla.
Nancy Wilder, Rochester, N.Y.
Steve Cook, Wilmington, Del.
A Big Mock
James Haley, Pittsford, Vt.
Mac to the Future
Diane Brooks, Seattle
No Bull Burger
Charles Tebo, Tuscaloosa, Ala.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- Don't blame Chuck Hagel: Obama's foreign policy has been a disaster from end to end
Subscribe to the Week