Last week's question: A Brooklyn startup called Modern Meadow has secured a $10 million investment to help it "grow" meat in the laboratory, using animal muscle cells obtained through painless biopsies. What appetizing brand name would you give a lab-grown burger?
THE WINNER: PETA Patty
Caroline Mancl, Stoughton, Wis.
SECOND PLACE: Pharm to Table
Lydia Sannella, Mill Valley, Calif.
THIRD PLACE: I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butchered
Caroline Kerner, Philadelphia
Janine Witte, New Hope, Pa.
Chronic Vegetative Steak
Ben Saketkhou, Boca Raton, Fla.
A Chip Off The Old Livestock
J. Craig Hill, Johns Creek, Ga.
No Moos is Good Moos
Ken Kellam III, Dallas
John Kalata Sr., Erie, Pa.
Jonathan Sternberg, Burlington, Vt.
Eileen Ert, Jenkintown, Pa.
The No Murder Burger
Patricia Walters, Tampa, Fla.
Nancy Wilder, Rochester, N.Y.
Steve Cook, Wilmington, Del.
A Big Mock
James Haley, Pittsford, Vt.
Mac to the Future
Diane Brooks, Seattle
No Bull Burger
Charles Tebo, Tuscaloosa, Ala.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 6 tiny scientific mistakes that created huge disasters
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The slippery slope of Twitter's attempts to stop harassment against women
- What could happen if the Supreme Court rules against ObamaCare
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
Subscribe to the Week