Last week's question: A Brooklyn startup called Modern Meadow has secured a $10 million investment to help it "grow" meat in the laboratory, using animal muscle cells obtained through painless biopsies. What appetizing brand name would you give a lab-grown burger?
THE WINNER: PETA Patty
Caroline Mancl, Stoughton, Wis.
SECOND PLACE: Pharm to Table
Lydia Sannella, Mill Valley, Calif.
THIRD PLACE: I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butchered
Caroline Kerner, Philadelphia
Janine Witte, New Hope, Pa.
Chronic Vegetative Steak
Ben Saketkhou, Boca Raton, Fla.
A Chip Off The Old Livestock
J. Craig Hill, Johns Creek, Ga.
No Moos is Good Moos
Ken Kellam III, Dallas
John Kalata Sr., Erie, Pa.
Jonathan Sternberg, Burlington, Vt.
Eileen Ert, Jenkintown, Pa.
The No Murder Burger
Patricia Walters, Tampa, Fla.
Nancy Wilder, Rochester, N.Y.
Steve Cook, Wilmington, Del.
A Big Mock
James Haley, Pittsford, Vt.
Mac to the Future
Diane Brooks, Seattle
No Bull Burger
Charles Tebo, Tuscaloosa, Ala.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- When Khomeini said no to Iranian nukes
- 10 things you need to know today: October 23, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
Subscribe to the Week