Last week's question: A Brooklyn startup called Modern Meadow has secured a $10 million investment to help it "grow" meat in the laboratory, using animal muscle cells obtained through painless biopsies. What appetizing brand name would you give a lab-grown burger?
THE WINNER: PETA Patty
Caroline Mancl, Stoughton, Wis.
SECOND PLACE: Pharm to Table
Lydia Sannella, Mill Valley, Calif.
THIRD PLACE: I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butchered
Caroline Kerner, Philadelphia
Janine Witte, New Hope, Pa.
Chronic Vegetative Steak
Ben Saketkhou, Boca Raton, Fla.
A Chip Off The Old Livestock
J. Craig Hill, Johns Creek, Ga.
No Moos is Good Moos
Ken Kellam III, Dallas
John Kalata Sr., Erie, Pa.
Jonathan Sternberg, Burlington, Vt.
Eileen Ert, Jenkintown, Pa.
The No Murder Burger
Patricia Walters, Tampa, Fla.
Nancy Wilder, Rochester, N.Y.
Steve Cook, Wilmington, Del.
A Big Mock
James Haley, Pittsford, Vt.
Mac to the Future
Diane Brooks, Seattle
No Bull Burger
Charles Tebo, Tuscaloosa, Ala.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- This week I learned the surprisingly dark origins of the Nobel Prize, and more
Subscribe to the Week