- the return of rosie July 9
Rosie O'Donnell is back... possibly.
Page Six is reporting that O'Donnell has been offered a "one-year, seven-figure deal" to return to The View, the talk show she left in 2007 after just one season. During her time on the show, O'Donnell was known for being outspoken and getting into tiffs with former co-host Elisabeth Hasselbeck, who is now over at Fox News.
It's a rebuilding year for The View, which said goodbye to co-creator Barbara Walters in May and let go of Sherri Shepherd and Jenny McCarthy in June. Sources tell Page Six that O'Donnell wants "approval over offers to other co-hosts" and would ban reality TV show stars from consideration, and that her return to the show is "absolutely in progress" but not signed, sealed, and delivered. "Rosie is very close to signing," another anonymous source tells Us Weekly. "They aren't seriously auditioning anyone else until the deal is done, because Rosie will get a major say" in her co-hosts.- - Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
- You're reheating pizza wrong
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- 10 things you need to know today: October 1, 2014
Subscribe to the Week