- the return of rosie July 9
Rosie O'Donnell is back... possibly.
Page Six is reporting that O'Donnell has been offered a "one-year, seven-figure deal" to return to The View, the talk show she left in 2007 after just one season. During her time on the show, O'Donnell was known for being outspoken and getting into tiffs with former co-host Elisabeth Hasselbeck, who is now over at Fox News.
It's a rebuilding year for The View, which said goodbye to co-creator Barbara Walters in May and let go of Sherri Shepherd and Jenny McCarthy in June. Sources tell Page Six that O'Donnell wants "approval over offers to other co-hosts" and would ban reality TV show stars from consideration, and that her return to the show is "absolutely in progress" but not signed, sealed, and delivered. "Rosie is very close to signing," another anonymous source tells Us Weekly. "They aren't seriously auditioning anyone else until the deal is done, because Rosie will get a major say" in her co-hosts.- - Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 7 of the scariest spiders in existence
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- Internet piracy isn't killing Hollywood
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- How names influence our destinies
- Welcome to the age of ambivalent feminism
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- It's time for the police to rethink 'shoot-to-kill'
- The best online movies to watch this weekend
Subscribe to the Week