- Climate change July 9
Kentucky State Sen. Brandon Smith (R) took some heat for claiming last week that climate change was a myth because the Earth and Mars are the same temperature. Smith has, understandably, now walked back that argument:
In a July 2 hearing, Smith said he would not debate climate change, adding, "I'll simply point out that I think in academia we all agree that the temperature on Mars is exactly as it is here."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- The week's best photojournalism
- The lessons of Japan's latest recession
Subscribe to the Week