Read more about the facts mentioned:
The wasps of your nightmares (Slate)
Even toddlers experience schadenfreude (Discover)
Ruby Roman grapes sold for record $6400 (Wall Street Journal)
Japan's obsession with perfect fruit (BBC News)
Listen to more of The Week's mini podcasts:
- It's time to kill the word 'troll'
- Why Seinfeld is still master of its domain
- Your weekly streaming recommendation: The Station Agent
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- Israel's quiet doomsday submarines are almost ready
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- How languages are like food
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week