Read more about the facts mentioned:
The wasps of your nightmares (Slate)
Even toddlers experience schadenfreude (Discover)
Ruby Roman grapes sold for record $6400 (Wall Street Journal)
Japan's obsession with perfect fruit (BBC News)
Listen to more of The Week's mini podcasts:
- It's time to kill the word 'troll'
- Why Seinfeld is still master of its domain
- Your weekly streaming recommendation: The Station Agent
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Mike Huckabee's head-scratching advice to Christian voters
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- How Scotland's independence movement lost the vote and still won everything
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week