Read more about the facts mentioned:
The wasps of your nightmares (Slate)
Even toddlers experience schadenfreude (Discover)
Ruby Roman grapes sold for record $6400 (Wall Street Journal)
Japan's obsession with perfect fruit (BBC News)
Listen to more of The Week's mini podcasts:
- It's time to kill the word 'troll'
- Why Seinfeld is still master of its domain
- Your weekly streaming recommendation: The Station Agent
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- 17 old proverbs we should use more often
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Don't blame Chuck Hagel: Obama's foreign policy has been a disaster from end to end
- Chuck Hagel wasn't the problem. It's America's addiction to endless war.
- 13 vegetarian dishes for Thanksgiving
Subscribe to the Week