Read more about the facts mentioned:
The wasps of your nightmares (Slate)
Even toddlers experience schadenfreude (Discover)
Ruby Roman grapes sold for record $6400 (Wall Street Journal)
Japan's obsession with perfect fruit (BBC News)
Listen to more of The Week's mini podcasts:
- It's time to kill the word 'troll'
- Why Seinfeld is still master of its domain
- Your weekly streaming recommendation: The Station Agent
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Ban PowerPoint!
- Rise of the machines
Subscribe to the Week