Read more about the facts mentioned:
The wasps of your nightmares (Slate)
Even toddlers experience schadenfreude (Discover)
Ruby Roman grapes sold for record $6400 (Wall Street Journal)
Japan's obsession with perfect fruit (BBC News)
Listen to more of The Week's mini podcasts:
- It's time to kill the word 'troll'
- Why Seinfeld is still master of its domain
- Your weekly streaming recommendation: The Station Agent
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Hey, scolds: Stop telling us to enjoy a healthy Thanksgiving
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
Subscribe to the Week